Ranging from $9,500-$12,640
What is breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation using an implant or your own fat is a procedure designed to increase the size and/or improve the shape of the breast. Also known as augmentation mammoplasty, breast augmentation is a very popular and common procedure that can increase your breast size by one or more sizes. By surgically inserting breast implants beneath the breast tissue or the chest muscle during breast augmentation, women can achieve larger, shapelier breasts. This type of breast enhancement is sometimes performed in conjunction with a breast lift.
What are my breast augmentation options?
Breast augmentation can dramatically improve the appearance of a woman’s breasts. During your breast augmentation consultation, you’ll learn more about your options for creating your ideal breast appearance, including:
- Implant size, style, and shape
- Implant material (silicone, gel or saline)
- Implant position (above or below the pectoralis muscle)
- Implant incision site
Our goal at FORM Face + Body is to create a natural and alluring look. The size, shape, style, and type of implant that will give you the look and feel you desire will be determined with your input and through a comprehensive examination. Crisalix 3D analysis will allow you to see simulations of your proposed size and shape to help in achieving your desired goals.
What are the risks of breast augmentation?
Each year thousands of women undergo successful breast augmentation surgery, experience no major problems and are very happy with the results. Significant complications from a breast augmentation are infrequent. However, our goal at FORM Face + Body is to make sure you understand what the surgery involves, including possible risks, complications and follow-up care. Some of the issues you will discuss include:
- Capsular contracture (a tightening of the scar tissue which can make the breast feel hard and can distort the shape of the breast implant).
- Changes in nipple and breast sensation (usually temporary).
- Breast pain
- Rare implant leakage or rupture. If the implant is saline-filled, it deflates and the body harmlessly absorbs the saline solution. If the implant is filled with silicone gel, the gel may alter the shape of the breast, requiring implant replacement.
Correcting any of these complications might require additional surgery, either to remove or replace the implants.
What else do I need to consider?
Other considerations for breast augmentation surgery include:
- Breast implants won’t prevent your breasts from sagging. A breast lift may be needed in addition to a breast augmentation to correct sagging breasts.
- Breast implants aren’t guaranteed to last a lifetime. In addition to the possibility of implant rupture or leakage, factors such as aging, weight gain and/or weight loss may further change the way your breasts look. Any of these issues might lead to additional surgery.
- Mammograms might be more complicated. If you have breast implants, routine mammograms might require additional, specialized views.
- Additional surgery may be needed after breast implant removal. If you decide to have your implants removed at a later time in your life, you might need a breast lift or other corrective surgery to help your breasts maintain an aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Like any major surgery, breast augmentation surgery poses a risk of bleeding, infection and an adverse reaction to anesthesia. It’s also possible to have an allergic reaction to the surgical tape or other materials used during or after the procedure.
Your consultation is designed to maximize your outcomes and minimize complications by ensuring that the appropriate procedure is selected and that you have a full understanding of your pre and post-operative instructions. Our office is a constant resource for you in this regard and will carefully guide you through this exciting experience.
Breast Augmentation Surgery.
Our surgeons perform breast augmentation in the hospital or at our private operating facility. Surgery usually takes one to two hours, is performed under general anesthesia and allows you to return home the same day.
Your surgeon will provide you with customized guidelines to follow during your recovery based on your personal needs. In general, you can expect to return to your usual routine after a few days, but you should avoid excessive exercise or heavy lifting to minimize tension on incision lines, thereby ensuring minimal scar lines.
Feeling tired and mild soreness following breast augmentation surgery are common. Pain medication and antibiotics may be prescribed to help alleviate discomfort and reduce the risk of infection. Your surgeon will advise you to remain in a support bra with no underwires for four to six weeks. Breast swelling may take up to six weeks to subside. Scars usually stay firm and pink for at least six weeks and will begin to fade after several months, taking on a flesh tone by 6 to 9 months post operatively.
Dr. Ron Somogyi & Dr. Waqqas Jalil have built FORM Face + Body with a commitment to excellence, thoughtful care, and a passion for helping you find your true form.LEARN MORE
Your true form awaits. Contact us today to book a consultation with our surgeons.BOOK A CONSULTATION